Ancient wonders. Modern cities. Timeless traditions. Like a classic Chinese dumpling, this tour of China is filled with flavor, zest, and delectable elements of surprise. From the hutongs of Beijing to the longtangs of Shanghai, you'll savor every Far East experience you've ever craved, including a rickshaw ride through Beijing's narrow alleyways, a walk along the Great Wall, and a 3-night cruise through the magnificent Three Gorges of the winding, wondrous Yangtze, Asia's longest river. This truly hands-on vacation will teach you the bold strokes of Chinese calligraphy, the calming practice of tai chi, and the delicate art of making traditional dim sum, the dumpling whose name means 'to touch the heart.' Expect additional flutters when you enter the Forbidden City, stand before Xi'an's Terracotta Army, and observe the daily habits of the native panda at Chengdu's Giant Panda Research Base.
Call (407) 282-2111 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15080231
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Beijing||Welcome to Beijing! Hotel check-in available mid-afternoon.|
|Day 2||Beijing||BEIJING Guided sightseeing includes Tian'anmen Square and the Forbidden City. Free time this afternoon. Welcome dinner this evening features [LF] Peking duck. (B,L,D)|
|Day 3||Beijing||BEIJING Guided sightseeing to the Great Wall of China. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B,L) |
|Day 4||Xi'an||BEIJING Visit to the Temple of Heaven. [LF] Rickshaw ride through the hutongs (narrow streets) and meet a local family. Fly to Xi'an. (B)|
|Day 5||Xi'an||XI'AN Sightseeing with a Local Guide includes visits to the Terracotta Warriors and Dayan Pagoda. Noodle-making demonstration with lunch. 'Tang Dynasty' dinner show. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||Chengdu||XI'AN Chinese calligraphy class. Visit to the City Wall South Gate.Bullet-train service from Xi'an to Chengdu. (B)|
|Day 7||Yangtze River Cruise||CHENGDU Visit to the [LF] Giant Panda Research Base. Bullet-train service from Chengdu to Chongqing.CHONGQING Yangtze River cruise embarkation. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||CRUISING: JADE EMPEROR SCENIC AREA||YANGTZE RIVER CRUISE Shore excursion to Jade Emperor scenic area. Free time on board this afternoon. Captain's welcome dinner with entertainment this evening. (B,L,D)|
|Day 9||GODDESS STREAM||YANGTZE RIVER CRUISE Free time this morning or tai chi session on sun deck. Scenic passage through Qutang and Wu Gorges. Small-boat excursion on Goddess Stream. (B,L,D)|
|Day 10||Hangzhou||THREE GORGES DAM Visit the dam site. Drive to Yichang. YICHANG Fly to Hangzhou. HANGZHOU Free time this afternoon and evening. (B,L)|
|Day 11||Hangzhou||HANGZHOU Full-day sightseeing includes Lingyin Temple and Fei Lai Feng. Walking tour includes Hefang Street. Scenic cruise on West Lake (a UNESCO World Heritage Site). (B,L)|
|Day 12||Shanghai||HANGZHOU Drive to Shanghai. SHANGHAI Guided sightseeing includes the Bund, Yu Yuan Gardens, and visit to a Silk Factory. Lunch includes traditional [LF] xiaolongbao (soup dumplings) in local restaurant. (B,L)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Shanghai by attending an acrobatic performance. This and more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 13||Shanghai||SHANGHAI Visit to Shanghai Museum. Walking tour includes the French Concession area, art deco Cathay Theatre, Xintiandi, and Fuxing Park. Free time this afternoon before a farewell dinner. (B,D)|
|Day 14||Shanghai||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).